Quick car review finder - select below

Ask Us Anything

Please ask your question in the box below. We will answer it as soon as possible.

Please note that we may edit the text of your question and that, if you provide your name and town, these will appear with your question. No other personal or contact information will be displayed or made public.

Top Catgories

Can I insure and tax a Caddy privately?

Can I insure a 1.9 Caddy and tax it privately?

Filed under insurance - Asked by Shane Kennedy (Kilmakthoms ) - Sat, 12 Sep 2020 21:15

Neil Briscoe Answered by: Neil Briscoe - Complete Car Advisor - @neilmbriscoe


Hi Shane,

Yes you can. The tax part is pretty simple — you just call into or phone your local motor tax office and let them know that you want to convert the van to private tax. With a 1.9-litre engine, you’ll pay €710 per year in motor tax. Insurance, to judge from the responses we’ve had from some readers, is a little more tricky, but is possible. You’ll probably have to do a good bit of phoning around, or possibly get in touch with a good local broker.

0 responses