logo | Car Reviews, News and Features

Quick car review finder - select below

Ask Us Anything

Please ask your question in the box below. We will answer it as soon as possible.

Please note that we may edit the text of your question and that, if you provide your name and town, these will appear with your question. No other personal or contact information will be displayed or made public.

Top Categories

How to change from N1 van to M1?


I want to buy an N1 van and change to M1 status. How do I do this?

Filed under commercial vehicle - Asked by Mohammed Ahmed (Midleton) - Thu, 04 Mar 2021 03:31

Neil Briscoe Answered by: Neil Briscoe - Complete Car Advisor - @neilmbriscoe


Hi Mohammed,

If you mean changing the tax status on a van to a private car, then really all you have to do is ring up your local motor tax office, and tell them that you want to change the tax status of your vehicle. Insurance is the tricky part — some insurers don’t like covering vans being used as cars, so make sure you shop around carefully before you decide. 

Read Buying a commercial vehicle for private use for more.

0 responses

Already a member?

If you are already registered, you can log in to send your question. Otherwise, please complete the following. Only your name is mandatory, but if you enter your email address, you will be notified when your question has been answered by our experts.