Quick car review finder - select below

Ask Us Anything

Please ask your question in the box below. We will answer it as soon as possible.

Please note that we may edit the text of your question and that, if you provide your name and town, these will appear with your question. No other personal or contact information will be displayed or made public.

Top Catgories

Can I tax my small van privately?

I have a small van and I have commercial insurance. Can I tax it privately?

Filed under taxation - Asked by Anna Smith (Galway) - Mon, 31 Aug 2020 14:46

Neil Briscoe Answered by: Neil Briscoe - Complete Car Advisor - @neilmbriscoe


Hi Anna,

Yes, you can, and all you have to do is get in touch with your local motor tax office. However, you’ll need to let your insurer know of the change of use too, and that may affect your premium.

0 responses