logo | Car Reviews, News and Features

Quick car review finder - select below

Ask Us Anything

Please ask your question in the box below. We will answer it as soon as possible.

Please note that we may edit the text of your question and that, if you provide your name and town, these will appear with your question. No other personal or contact information will be displayed or made public.

Top Catgories

Taxes on importing my older Pathfinder?

I am moving to Ireland, so how much VRT and emissions tax is due on a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder Aventura? I've had it for nine years.

Regards Joe Barrett

Filed under importing - Asked by Joe Barrett (Birmingham) - Wed, 08 Jul 2020 15:22

Neil Briscoe Answered by: Neil Briscoe - Complete Car Advisor - @neilmbriscoe


Hi Joe,

If you are moving to Ireland, and bringing the car with you, and you can show proof of at least six months’ tax and insurance, as well as proof of change of address, then you’ll be exempt from paying VRT.

0 responses