Quick car review finder - select below

Ask Us Anything

Please ask your question in the box below. We will answer it as soon as possible.

Please note that we may edit the text of your question and that, if you provide your name and town, these will appear with your question. No other personal or contact information will be displayed or made public.

Top Catgories

How to change pick-up to private?


I have a 2001 Iveco pick-up; how can I change it to private classification from commercial?


Filed under pick-up - Asked by Micheal Conneely (Galway ) - Wed, 21 Aug 2019 09:23

Neil Briscoe Answered by: Neil Briscoe - Complete Car Advisor - @neilmbriscoe


Hi Michael,

You’ll need to go and talk to your local motor tax office to get it re-registered, and you’ll almost certainly end up paying more motor tax, as you’ll be taxed on the capacity of the engine. You’ll still have to put it through the Commercial Vehicles Test (CVT) every year, and don’t forget to advise your insurer of the change of use.

0 responses