Quick car review finder - select below

Ask Us Anything

Please ask your question in the box below. We will answer it as soon as possible.

Please note that we may edit the text of your question and that, if you provide your name and town, these will appear with your question. No other personal or contact information will be displayed or made public.

Top Catgories

Where to get 24-hour car insurance?

Where can I get insurance for 24 hours on importing a car from UK to Ireland?

Filed under insurance - Asked by Pat Kenirons (Ballinasloe) - Fri, 15 Mar 2019 21:06


Hi Pat,

Actually, it’s a UK insurer you’ll have to go to, as until the car has its new Irish registration and tax, you won’t be able to get it covered by an Irish company. All the big UK insurers offer temporary cover, but obviously just check that they’ll cover you for driving in Ireland before you decide. If you already have car insurance with an Irish provider on your existing car (I’m presuming you do) it is worth checking with them first, though, as they may be able to offer you something for the switchover period.

0 responses