Quick car review finder - select below

Ask Us Anything

Please ask your question in the box below. We will answer it as soon as possible.

Please note that we may edit the text of your question and that, if you provide your name and town, these will appear with your question. No other personal or contact information will be displayed or made public.

Top Catgories

Can I get low tax on a converted camper?

If I covert a commercial vehicle, say a 2017 Volkswagen Transporter, to a camper van and get it certified etc, will I qualify for the lower rate of road tax?

Filed under commercial vehicle - Asked by VINCENT CROWLEY (Cork) - Mon, 29 Oct 2018 12:14


Hi Vincent,

Yes, you will. Camper vans qualify for a flat-rate of €102 motor tax and, if the conversion is done properly and the car is re-registered, then that should be fine. Check with your local motor tax office for any paperwork that you’ll need to fill out.

0 responses