logo | Car Reviews, News and Features

Quick car review finder - select below

Ask Us Anything

Please ask your question in the box below. We will answer it as soon as possible.

Please note that we may edit the text of your question and that, if you provide your name and town, these will appear with your question. No other personal or contact information will be displayed or made public.

Top Categories

How to work out costs of importing a camper...


I am thinking of importing a motorhome from the UK, but I am finding it quite difficult to ascertain the final landed price. Can you help?


Tony O'Connor

Filed under importing - Asked by Anthony O'Connor (NAVAN) - Tue, 23 Feb 2021 10:59

Neil Briscoe Answered by: Neil Briscoe - Complete Car Advisor - @neilmbriscoe


Hi Antony,

A motorhome is going to be charged at the commercial VRT rate, of 13.3 per cent of the vehicle's Irish market value. Now, as you say, that value can be difficult to work out ahead of time, and the best that you can do really is to scan the classified ads and start seeing what other similar vehicles are on sale and what kind of money they’re going for. That will at least give you a ballpark in which to start. The good news is that once you do have it imported, motor tax is charged at just €102 a year for camper vans and motorhomes. 

0 responses

Already a member?

If you are already registered, you can log in to send your question. Otherwise, please complete the following. Only your name is mandatory, but if you enter your email address, you will be notified when your question has been answered by our experts.