Quick car review finder - select below

Ask Us Anything

Please ask your question in the box below. We will answer it as soon as possible.

Please note that we may edit the text of your question and that, if you provide your name and town, these will appear with your question. No other personal or contact information will be displayed or made public.

Top Catgories

I gave my car for scrappage to a fraudster...

I stupidly gave a car I wanted scrapped to a fraudster and now I'm getting renewal motor tax forms for it as it's still registered in my name.  What can I do to stop this now?

Filed under scrappage - Asked by Jimmy Gallagher (Bettystown) - Thu, 03 Sep 2020 15:31

Neil Briscoe Answered by: Neil Briscoe - Complete Car Advisor - @neilmbriscoe


Hi Jimmy,

OK, first of all have you reported all of this to the Gardaí? That should definitely be your first port of call. When reporting, ask the Guards for an incident number or a case number, and then  write to your local motor tax office, explaining the circumstances, quoting the incident number and if possible the name of the investigating Garda. That should be enough to clear it up, but it would also be a good idea to have a chat with your solicitor about it. 

0 responses