Quick car review finder - select below

Ask Us Anything

Please ask your question in the box below. We will answer it as soon as possible.

Please note that we may edit the text of your question and that, if you provide your name and town, these will appear with your question. No other personal or contact information will be displayed or made public.

Top Catgories

Can I tax a vehicle on the road for just 3 months?

Can you tax a Jaguar for three months of the year and SORN for the other nine months in Ireland?


Filed under taxation - Asked by John O'Brien - Fri, 03 Jul 2020 20:46

Neil Briscoe Answered by: Neil Briscoe - Complete Car Advisor - @neilmbriscoe


Hi John,

Yes, you can. The minimum period for SORNing a car is three months, and the maximum 12 months. Just remember that you have to declare it as SORNed before the current tax runs out. 

0 responses