Quick car review finder - select below

Ask Us Anything

Please ask your question in the box below. We will answer it as soon as possible.

Please note that we may edit the text of your question and that, if you provide your name and town, these will appear with your question. No other personal or contact information will be displayed or made public.

Top Catgories

Is motor tax different for rarely used cars?

Is there a different tax bracket for rarely used cars?

Filed under taxation - Asked by Ol Mallun (Meath) - Tue, 04 Feb 2020 21:49

Neil Briscoe Answered by: Neil Briscoe - Complete Car Advisor - @neilmbriscoe


Hi Ol,

No, sadly not. The only way you can reduce the tax cost of your car depending on use is to apply for a SORN declaration that the vehicle is off the road for a period of time. The minimum period is three months, and the maximum is a year, although you can have the declaration continued if needed. 

0 responses