Quick car review finder - select below

Ask Us Anything

Please ask your question in the box below. We will answer it as soon as possible.

Please note that we may edit the text of your question and that, if you provide your name and town, these will appear with your question. No other personal or contact information will be displayed or made public.

Top Catgories

What paperwork needed to tax my van?

I am buying a van for the first time and the van has no current tax disc, but does have a valid CVRT. I would like to tax the van privately. Can this all be done online and do I still have to provide proof that I will be using it commercially some of the time?

Filed under taxation - Asked by D Barden (Carrick On Shannon) - Mon, 03 Feb 2020 12:59

Neil Briscoe Answered by: Neil Briscoe - Complete Car Advisor - @neilmbriscoe


Hi Deirdre,

No, you should be able to do all that online (although, god knows, a visit to the local motor tax office is still sometimes needed). If you’re taxing it for private use then there’s no need to make any specific declaration that you will be using it for work — that’s taken as read. 

0 responses