logo | Car Reviews, News and Features

Quick car review finder - select below

Ask Us Anything

Please ask your question in the box below. We will answer it as soon as possible.

Please note that we may edit the text of your question and that, if you provide your name and town, these will appear with your question. No other personal or contact information will be displayed or made public.

Top Categories

How to change LCV Kuga back to private use?

What is involved in changing a crew cab Kuga back to a privately taxed vehicle? What do you need to do to enable a private insurance policy to apply?


Filed under commercial vehicle - Asked by Ken Finn (Laois) - Tue, 07 Jan 2020 12:03

Neil Briscoe Answered by: Neil Briscoe - Complete Car Advisor - @neilmbriscoe


Hi Ken,

In terms of insurance, you simply need to contact your insurer and tell them that you’re going to tax the vehicle for private, social and pleasure use. There may be an increase in your premium because of this, but it shouldn’t be massive. As for the tax, all you have to do is contact your local motor tax office and inform them that you want to tax the vehicle for private use. That will put you onto the old by-engine-capacity tax system, so for a 2.0-litre TDCi Kuga, that’ll be €710 a year.

0 responses

Already a member?

If you are already registered, you can log in to send your question. Otherwise, please complete the following. Only your name is mandatory, but if you enter your email address, you will be notified when your question has been answered by our experts.