logo | Car Reviews, News and Features

Quick car review finder - select below

Ask Us Anything

Please ask your question in the box below. We will answer it as soon as possible.

Please note that we may edit the text of your question and that, if you provide your name and town, these will appear with your question. No other personal or contact information will be displayed or made public.

Top Categories

What documents do I need to get VRT value?

What documentation do I need to bring when getting an imported car valued for VRT purposes?

Filed under VRT - Asked by Shane Kelly (Louth) - Tue, 25 Feb 2014 14:38

Neil Briscoe Answered by: Neil Briscoe - Complete Car Advisor - @neilmbriscoe


Hi Shane,

You need the vehicles’s own registration document (usually called the V5 if it’s a UK import), a filled out VRT purchase details form (available from Revenue), proof of your own identity and address, your PPSN number, a receipt or bill of sale, proof of the date of the vehicle’s arrival in the State and documentation confirming the make, model and type’s CO2 emissions. You can find all the relevant details here:

0 responses

Already a member?

If you are already registered, you can log in to send your question. Otherwise, please complete the following. Only your name is mandatory, but if you enter your email address, you will be notified when your question has been answered by our experts.